Friday, August 21, 2009

Detroit Pistons, 1957


NAME: Mike
LOCATION: Century Shopping Center, Lakeview

What's the significance of the year 1957?

I have actually no idea. I would assume that's the year that they were founded, or that they moved to Detroit from Fort Wayne.

Fort Wayne, what is that, Texas?

I think Fort Wayne in Ohio, I believe. I don't really know.

You're a big Pistons fan.

I am a Pistons fan. I grew up in Detroit. Well not in Detroit. Royal Oak. Suburbs.

Do you miss it?

I miss the people. I don't miss the city because there wasn't much to do. But, yeah, I met a lot of good people. It's the city that made me me.

How'd the Pistons do this year?

This year they struggled. They lost in the first round of the playoffs, they traded Chauncey Billups, that was a big deal. But we got some new guys this year, we're looking promising.

You wear the shirt with pride.

Absolutely. Always. Always wear the Pistons shirt with pride.

[According to wikipedia, the Pistons were founded in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Owner Fred Zollner moved the team to Detroit in 1957. Fort Wayne is obviously not in Texas.]

No comments:

Post a Comment