Friday, August 7, 2009

The Plain Black


NAME: Alex
LOCATION: outside Miller's Pub, Roscoe Village

So you went to the Decemberists show tonight?

Yeah.

Tell me about your choice of an all-black t-shirt.

Um, it's slimming. It makes me look a lot thinner than I am. It at least disguises some of the paunch, if you will.

Was there a conscious choice to wear it today for the concert?

For sure.

So you do put thought into what you wear for a show.

Uh, yeah. I mean, yes.

It's not a conspicuous choice.

I always wear a t-shirt to a show, or almost always. And I have about three or four that I rotate for shows. It's a mixture of comfort and aesthetics, I guess you could say. I think I look good in this.

I agree!

Thank you, Todd. It's very very comfortable as well. It's lightweight, you know? I sometimes won't wear this when I go outside. I'm not going to wear this on Sunday for Lollapalooza. There's another one I wear sometimes, it's like a brown skater shirt. But I'm not a skater.

Do you feel that the black in any way mirrors your soul?

It's nothing dark or goth or emo like that. I do like black, black is classic. It's hard to go wrong with black.

No comments:

Post a Comment