Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wii-mote with Nunchuck


NAME: Nathan Lane
LOCATION: Landmark Theaters, Lakeview

My name is Nathan Lane. No, really it is.

Can I see some ID?

Yeah. I mean, do you want my school ID or my real ID?

[It's true. I'm no bouncer, but his identification looked legit.]

Your name is Nathan Lane.

I'm one of two. Truthfully, um, Nathan Lane is causing a lot of trouble in my life. First of all, it's not his real name. His first name is actually Joseph. And the second issue is like when he came out when I was in middle school, my life turned into a living hell. But only some people actually know about Nathan Lane so I can't always make a joke about him.

Tell me about your Wii-mote shirt.

My Wii-mote shirt. I recently went to Allentown to visit my mom, which is kind of close to New York City so I went to New York City and in New York City I dragged my much-cooler friends to a place called Nintendo World where I blew like sixty bucks and was a public embarrassment. So I bought like this shirt and the belt buckle and, uh, some other things, including a stuffed Kirby doll. Um, but it was like going to Mecca for me.


How big is the stuffed Kirby doll?

It's about, uh, maybe the size of, uh ... of a toddler's head? I can't think of a more appropriate comparison than that.

Okay. Best Zelda game.

The best Zelda game! Now, I know this is a contentious issue because, I, like ... I'm supposed to say "Ocarina of Time", right? I don't want fanboys pounding on my door because I didn't say "Ocarina of Time". But I really enjoyed "Wind Waker", and everyone can suck my 'D' on that issue.

I am a fan of "Wind Waker". I think it's underrated.

I appreciated a return to a more playful style. You know, I didn't need a Zelda epic. I didn't need "Ocarina of Time" again. I thought it was a good game.

I'm always gonna be partial to "Link to the Past", myself.

I mean, that is a little before my time. I played a little bit - was that on the NES, the original, or was that on Super Nin--

Super Nintendo.

I only played that one at GameStop. I've never even owned that one.

Oh, you should pick it up.

I'd love to, man.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I'm lookin' good! So is your blog. Good luck in your venture. I hope that I generated some hits for you (us)

    ReplyDelete