Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Ed Hardy Mermaid


NAME: Sarah
LOCATION: Parrots Bar and Grill, Wellington & Halstead

Ed Hardy is some kind of fancy t-shirt designer.

I suppose so. I guess that's what I've been told.

Where did you get this shirt?

Dude, I got it at Macy's, on sale.

Was it expensive?

It was supposed to be like ninety bucks, but I had all these coupons from Christmas time, so I think I paid like forty for it.

Do you have a lot of forty-dollar t-shirts?

No. The reason I love this one though is I love mermaids and it has a mermaid on it and she's got the devil hand up and that's awesome, so.


So for you it's all about the mermaid, not the Ed Hardy.

Yeah.

Do you get conflicted when people know that this is a hundred-dollar t-shirt?

Well some people might know that but I don't really care. Some guy tonight when I first came in was like, "Oh, Ed Hardy is a famous tattoo artist and I drank with him in North Carolina. I got hammered with him. He drinks Jack." And I was like, "Sure thing, dude." I didn't believe him. He also said he walked here from Fort Lauderdale. I asked him, "How did you walk here? What roads did you take?" And he's like, "I walked on foot." I'm like, "Well duh, I understand that you walked on foot, but did you walk along the highway? Where did you walk?" He's like, "Huh?" So this is the kind of asshole that asks me about my shirt. These kind of fucking idiots. That's my life behind the bar.

1 comment: